Monday, November 8, 2010

The Spine Ring

Some have people asked me why I started making bone jewelry.
I answer, it is because I have discovered the organic, natural beauty within the shape of bones.
It is really difficult to curve such a beautiful line.
I think God has a really great sense for design and beauty.
And that wearing bone, which has a strong association with death, is also quite meaningful.
I'm glad to introduce a new item for the bone collection.
I've just made a spine ring!
Since some of my friends love the spine bracelet (but it is pretty expensive ($1700, because it's heavy, solid-sterling silver)), I thought if I made a ring which is just like the small spine bracelet, it will be affordable and yet still the same design!So, I made this ring.

To wear a piece of life.
Invisible power dwells within a piece of bone.

As we hurry through life, it is hard to think about death and life, but I believe that thinking about death is linked to thinking about how to live, so it is not so bad to think about death sometimes.



In this picture, the spine bracelet is like the mother and the spine ring is like her baby! So cute!
It will come with sterling silver, 18K gold plating, oxdized silver (antique black), 14K and 10K gold.
Price will be $230 for sterling silver, 18K gold plating, oxdized silver,
Price upon request for 14K gold and 10K gold.

This ring is size-adjustable and fits your finger snugly.
I haven't put it up for sale in our online shop yet, but if you are interested in ordering in advance, we can accept your order directly by e-mail.
info@ayakanishi.com






1 comment:

Crush Wardrobe Stylist said...

AWESOME! AWESOME! Jewelry :) I adore your pieces, your such a great talent! Hey, I'm also following you on twitter & your blogspot!

Follow me @crushstylist

Blog www.crushfashionstylist.blogspot.com