Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Jewelry Meets Flowers - Jewelry and Flower show -

On June 19th and 20th, I had a jewelry and flower exhibition at The Coal Shop Gallery in Brooklyn.
It was my first show in
New York.
This show was a collaboration with my mother who is an Ikebana artist (Japanese floral designer).




View of gallery from window




In this show, I didn't use any torsos, instead I hung my jewelry on branches and leaves.
Because my jewelry is inspired by nature, this display style was a perfect match.
It looks like my jewelry is part of nature.





At the show, I displayed my new bone collection on exhibit. This is the 4 rib spine bracelet.





During the opening reception, we had a wonderful performance by
a street performer who stopped by the show. At the opening reception party, he played an Australian music instrument called the didjeridu.


Photo by Tal Shpantzer
Talfoto
www.talfoto.com

The Coal Shop (work shop gallery)
393 Hoyt Street Brooklyn, NY


No comments: